Meet Practice Ignition’s latest update: New Proposal Editor (BETA)
Dane Thomas, Chief Product Officer, Practice Ignition
For the past seven years, the Practice Ignition platform has enabled customers to focus less on business operations and more on clients. We’ve helped customers create professional proposals, win work, get paid for it, cut down admin time and improve cash flow.
As we look towards what the next phase of Practice Ignition will look like, we know there’s one key element that sets the best practices apart from the competition: they put their clients first.
To be truly client-centric, practices need a way to define and manage the context of their client relationships, understand how this impacts the services offered to each client, and how this changes over time.
In June, we shared that the future of our product relies on adding value at every stage of the lifecycle between your business and your clients – now we can share more of what that means for the proposal creation experience.
Introducing the New Proposal Editor (BETA)
We've reimagined the proposal creation experience from the ground up! The New Proposal Editor gives customers the freedom to tailor proposals to suit every client. This new experience delivers on eagerly anticipated functionality and helps to shape the future of Practice Ignition.
A new and improved proposal creation experience
- Step through a more guided experience and fresh new interface for proposal creation
- Have work autosaved with every change
- Have more control with clearer proposal date and length controls, that are separated from billing controls
- Create ‘Projects’ within proposals to provide context for a grouping of services, for example, in phases or service areas (advisory, compliance, bookkeeping)
- See changes in a realtime preview of the client experience
Flexible billing to suit your business needs
- Start billing from when a client accepts the proposal, or from a set period after acceptance e.g., 3 months free
- Include any combination of recurring and non-recurring billing schedules in a single proposal e.g., quarterly, monthly and one time all in one
- Bill variable prices including unit based (per head, per hour) on a recurring basis
More choice with Proposal Options
On top of this, customers can now include multiple options in proposals as part of the New Proposal Editor BETA. This brand new feature is available for customers on the Professional or Scale plan. Proposal options allow customers to streamline their sales process by allowing clients to choose from option A, B, or C, enter their payment information, and sign – in one place! Customers are able to present three packages, offer different payment terms, or experiment with a new pricing model by giving clients the choice.
What’s in a BETA?
Customers can receive early access to the New Proposal Editor through our BETA program while we make sure it’s ready for everyone. We can’t support every use case during the BETA period, so customers can continue to use the Classic Proposal Editor. At the moment, we’re not able to support all our current integrations in the BETA experience – like Xero Practice Manager. We also haven’t released support for some elements in classic proposals – like deposits. Over the coming months, we’ll close these gaps.Stay tuned for more product updates.
To the future
We’re excited about the future road map for Practice Ignition, but more importantly we’re excited about what these (and future) updates mean for our customers and their clients.
Get started free
Eliminate the friction by sending your clients a single smart proposal they can read, sign and pay in one place. That's more closed deals for you and less back and forth for everyone.